Thursday, September 3, 2009

Being young is such a glorious thing. When wondrous thing happens, you just chalk it up to magic. No questions, no concerns, just pure joy and understanding.

I remember a time playing in the basement. I was listening to music and just dancing around. My sister and a couple of friends were over. We decided that we would play the music (Classical) loud.

I know I am a dweeb. I love classical music, plays, ballets and many other culture related activities. My husband just rolls his eyes at me. What can I say I love it all. It feeds my soul with such joy and entertains my mind.

Anyhow, back to my story. We decided to turn up the music and shut our eyes. No one was to talk and we were just going to dance. Dance with your heart and no one would watch. This is one of my happy times in my life that I remember. As I danced, I went into a trance like state. All I knew was the music and the movement of my body. I felt completely carried away with the music. After a half hour or so, my feet left the ground. I was at the south end of the large basement. I felt myself floating and ended up on the north end of the basement. My eyes flung opened. I was in shock. What just happened to me? Was this even possible? I sat still, maybe no one noticed.

Before I knew it, my sister ran over to me. She asked how you got over to the other end of the basement so quickly. She said that she heard me dancing and then she could not hear my feet anymore. Oh my gosh, is this possible did this really happened? My friends ran over and asked where did you go? And how did you get over here?

I told them that I flew. Being kids, they all looked at me and said "Do it again". I tried and tried and I was not able to repeat it. How great are kids? They wanted to see it again. They just accepted it for what it was. I wish we could all be kid like and just enjoy each precious moment.

You may not believe me, but it was a wonderful day. In a dark basement a light grew and a little ballerina flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment