Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Angels amoung us

I apologize that I have not written for a while. I suffer from a small medical issue. For the last 8 days or so my legs have been very painful. It was all I could do to survive the day with pain killers and getting into bed.

For those that don't know me, I have MS.

Actually, it is a great story how I found out. It also leads to the story where I am today with my MS. About 6 years ago, I started to get really bad dizzy spells. I went to the doctor many times. They ran blood test after test. My doctor thought that the dizzy spells and the extreme exhaustions was a problem with my thyroid. After several times of hearing that everything is normal, I gave up and prayed for guidance.

The next day my dearest friend from St George, UT called. She asked if I could come down for the weekend. She said that she had been learning a new skill; she was learning to heal using Reiki. She wanted me to come down to St. George so that she could practice on me. I had no idea what Reiki was, but I trust her and said that I would.

For those of you that do not know what Reiki is, it is energy work that helps heal the body and spirit. The energy worker uses their hands to identify and adjust the chakras of the body. This is a very general description of Reiki.
If you have never had Reiki performed on you, I strongly recommend it. It is like getting a hug from the inside out. It is wonderful and very relaxing. Try it you may like it.

Anyhow, back to my story. I went to St. George. My friend had me lay on a massage table outside under the stars. I was thinking what heck is she going to do to me. Will admit I was a little nervous.
She never physically touched me. She held her hands a few inches above my body and move in a clockwise motion. In my mind I was thinking that this is very weird. So I decided that I would trust her, so I let go and relaxed and allowed her to do her thing.

Ok, I was a non-believer. To my surprise, I could tell where her hands were. I could feel the heat (energy) of her hands at different points of my body. It was amazing to me how wonderful it felt. She was new at this. Once she got to the base of my neck she stopped. I was lying on my stomach. She said that she was seeing and feeling something foreign. She did not know what it was. She did recommend that I have the doctor look there.

I did, I went to a different doctor and explained that I think that something is at the base of my neck. I was sent to have an MRI performed.
On my 40th Birthday the doctor had me come in for my results. She sat me and my husband down and explained that I have MS. They could see several lesions at the base of my brain. The doctor explained that all of the symptoms that I am having are all know symptoms of MS.

Can you believe it? After months and months of testing and they could not find anything. It took a different prospective for my diagnosis.
She was my little angel.

The angels sent her to me so that I can get on with my life. I go to St. George regularly to have Reiki done. My doctors told me that everyone diagnoses with MS around the same time as me are all in wheel chairs. I just suffer from time to time with pain in my legs and extreme exhaustion, but no one outside of family and friends know that I have MS. I love my family, friends and my angels for all of the love and support that they give me.

Angels work through people. All of us can be an angel to someone in need. Have you ever been going through your day and all of a sudden someone just pops into your mind. You act on it and call them. They tell you that you called at the perfect time, when they needed you. Or sometimes you just happen to say the right thing for someone that makes their whole day. This is angels working through you to help other people. Listen. They will guide you. Do not be afraid to ask for help. They love to help and are waiting for you to ask. Just ask.

1 comment:

  1. I have experienced angels that are here. I was very sick and a very nice lady came by and her words of encouragement saved me. Thank you for your stories.

    ReplyDelete