Friday, October 9, 2009

Meeting of the minds

Yesterday I went to lunch with 2 of my girlfriends. We went to a little Chinese place in downtown Provo. We haven't seen each other for months.

Hug, hug, kiss, kiss. We sat down and began to catch up on all of our life events. Her kids are doing this, my job is doing that and her husband is a good man. She went on vacation and her small son fall off the roof. What is your Chinese sign?

As I sat back and listened to my dear friends laugh and chat about the "spice of life" (the events that happen from day to day). I realized how wonderful it all is. LIFE. The ups and the downs. I could do this forever.

Chatting in our little booth, our food arrives. The food is beautiful. Truly feel blessed. Good food and good friends. Time flew by ever so quickly.

Before I knew it we randomly began talking about our gifts. One of my friends calls it her super power. Her super power is when she talks about a movie, within 3 days it will play on TV. My other girlfriends super power is she will think of a song and it will start playing on the radio. One of my super powers is to run into famous people.

We were laughing so hard. My stomach ached in pain as the muscle singed up with each giggle and outburst. I tried so hard not to laugh out loud, we all did. The flood gates broke all at the same time. A whirl wind of laughter came rushing out completely uncontrolled. People close to us began to join in. Before long it seemed that the entire restaurant was in the throes of laughter.

As I sat back and enjoyed the miracle of pure joy, I had a light bulb moment, how many people have the gift of a 6th sense. There are so many. They incorporate into their everyday life. No one seems to think much of it. Has our culture started to evolve to a higher vibration enough that things no longer make you different. No longer are you misunderstood. I have long believed that everyone has these same abilities in one shape or another. It kinda seems to me that they just deny these abilities.

I think the age of super powers is on us. Few recognize it, but many just expect it. How many times are you amazed when someone seems to know your thoughts? A friend calls you for lunch at a time in your life that you need a really good laugh. This was a true meeting of the minds. I recommended it.

No comments:

Post a Comment